trao Sep 28, 2018
Scotty’s Carriage Works
Give an example of how nominee has shared expertise with fellow tow operators.
- The Netherlands – May 1999
- Belgium, Germany, France, Spain
National Heavy Duty Recovery Trainer
- Estes Park, Colorado
- Valley Forge, Pennsylvania o Baltimore, Maryland
- Orlando, Florida
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- Reno, Nevada
- St. Louis, Missouri
- Omaha, Nebraska
Provide details of at least one instance when the nominee has effected positive change in the industry.
- Missouri Legislation
- Department of Revenue Abandoned Vehicle Legislation Task Force Initiated and presented tow legislation for passage
Weight, width and length, law for towing equipment in Missouri
Safety of drivers, move over for stopped emergency equipment
- Kansas City Missouri Neighborhood and Community Services
- Tow Services Task Force
- Committee for Safe and Efficient Towing
- Advisor for TimTow
- Highway Administration
- World Tow Operator Competition – Reno, Nevada 2002
- Competition Judge
- Assisted in set up World Recovery Demo for police and fire departments Tow Ranger Program with Wes Wilburn – St. Louis, Missouri
- Program Trainer
- Helped set up demos and recoveries inside TWA Dome Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD)
- Tow Operators Working to Eliminate Drunk Driving (TOWED) Clinton County Deputy Sheriff
- Professional Expert Witness
How has the nominee served as a role model or mentor to younger tow operators?
- Through his many leadership positions, he lives and mentors by example.
- Advises on accident recoveries via his phone.
- Continues to promote unity in the industry to tow operators throughout the U.S.
What leadership roles within the industry has the nominee held?
- Multiple terms as President and a Board Member of the Missouri Tow Truck Association.
- Actively assists with legislative efforts to benefit all tow operators in the state.
- Represents the Missouri towing community with various state organizations such as the Kansas City Missouri Neighborhood and Community Services, Tow Services Task Force, Department of Revenue’s Abandoned Vehicle Legislation Task Force and the Committee for Safe and Efficient Towing.
- Served several terms as a board member
- Served on the board of the Education Foundation and Education Committee Judge on the National Certification Panel, Level III Judge of National Driving Competition Judge 2002
- Active in the Towing Operators to Eliminate Drunk Driving Program (TOWED).
- International Institute of Towing and Recovery, University of Georgia Board Member